Monday 12 March 2012

Spirit of the Japan Festival

It has been 1 year since the devastating Tsunami hit Japan. So the Japanese Society of Leeds University helped to donate money to them by holding this event Spirit of the Japan Festival.

Was a lot of fun being able to say some basic Japanese phrases and meeting Japanese people. I had a lot of fun looking around and joining in on their activities, such as picking beans using chopsticks against a Japanese person. Was quite a challenge, it took me 4 goes to beat him!


As you can see, the beans was very slippery and hard. To win I had to have more beans in my bowl. 
I won him by 1 point in the end.

There are a lot more activities going on in this event such as: 
  • Taiko Drummers
  • Traditional Shimasen and Koto Player
  • Tea Ceremony
  • Japanese store
  • Calligraphy
  • Opportunity to wear a Kimono
  • Manga Cafe
  • Origami
  • Raffles

No comments:

Post a Comment