Monday 16 April 2012

Hello Kitty

Since I was a child I have always collected Hello Kitty. Everyone bought me Hello Kitty every year, so as the years go by I end up having a collection of Hello Kitty. People still buy me Hello Kitty stuff. I'm not as obsessed as I used to as a kid, but I'd be happy to accept gifts of Hello Kitty just to add to my collection.

Although I had many Hello Kitty objects thrown away, I still have a fair amount. I can't express how much Hello Kitty has taken over the world. There are literally Hello Kitty everything! From Hotels to gravestones.

Looking at my Hello Kitty collection now, I can spot Hello Kitty .. :


  • Rug
  • Table
  • Clock
  • Bag
  • Models
  • Plush toys
  • Money box
  • Poster
  • Cushion 
  • Lamp
  • Purse
  • Shower gel
  • Shampoo
  • Hand wash
  • Phone charm
  • Diary
  • Notebooks 
  • Crayons
  • Make-up bag
  • Hair bobble
  • Tissue cover
  • Stereo
  • Ipod case
I'm quite impressed with my collection! Although I am moving on from Hello Kitty, I don't think I will ever throw away Hello Kitty's I've collected over the years. 

Thinking back to when I was a kid. Why did I like Hello Kitty so much? 

Maybe because I grew up loving cats. So yes, I am a cat lover so I guess that relates to why I like Hello Kitty so much. 

Did the colour have anything to do with it? ... Hello Kitty was mainly baby pink coloured but sometimes they'd make them baby blue too. I was never a big fan of pink but the majority of the Hello Kitty's I have are pink so I guess the colour doesn't really matter to me as long as it's Hello Kitty. 

Hello Kitty is just a cat with 2 black dots as her eyes, whiskers, a pink nose and a bow on one of her ear. The design is so simple yet everyone loves Hello Kitty.

I'm interested as to why is Hello Kitty so famous around the world? 



No comments:

Post a Comment