Friday 20 April 2012

"Hunger makes humans healthier"

I found a blog from a Japanese woman who talked about a book she found in Japan that caught her attention. It really interested me too. The book was along the lines of "Hunger makes humans healthier" in Japanese.

I thought it was very different to the english health view because we always say we must eat 3 meals a day to stay healthy and live longer. However this Doctor in Japan, Dr Nagumo aged 59 only has 1 meal a day and feels more energetic and looks 20 years younger. I couldn't believe how young he looked for his age!


I couldn't find an image of him other than from that post I saw. 
http://tokyokawaiietc.com/

I think this kind of explains why my brother who is 10 years older than me looks around my age! On most days, he has 1 or 2 meals because of his weird sleeping patterns. I always thought it was strange how young my brother looked but I guess this explains why. 

I'm not sure if I'd ever be able to live with 1 meal a day. I love food too much! But if it really does make you look a lot younger .. maybe its worth it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment